TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER II: ILLINOIS STATE POLICE
PART 1225 DRUG ASSET FORFEITURE PROCEDURE ACT
SECTION 1225.30 SEIZURE NOTICE
Section 1225.30 Seizure Notice
a) Any seizing agency that seizes property for the purpose of forfeiture under the Act shall, within 35 days of the seizure, provide notice of the seizure to the Director.
b) Notice shall be provided by mailing a completed Notice/Inventory Form, together with the agency's reports relating to the seizure, to the address indicated on the form.
c) The completed Notice/Inventory Form shall include, but is not limited to, the following information:
1) The date, address or location, and county of the seizure;
2) The name (including unit description), address, contact person, and telephone number of the seizing agency;
3) The name and address of the person from whom the property was seized;
4) The description of the property seized:
A) For conveyances, the description shall include the year, make, model, vehicle identification number, storage location, and fair market value;
B) For other personal property, the description shall include a narrative description, serial numbers (and any other identifying numbers, such as model numbers), storage location, and fair market value;
C) For real property, the description shall include the address, the legal description, and fair market value;
5) The name and address of the registered owner of any conveyance seized;
6) The names and addresses of all lien holders with respect to any property seized;
7) The names of any other agencies involved in the case.
d) Filing the Notice/Inventory Form with the Director shall satisfy the notice-of-seizure requirements found at Section 12(d) of the Cannabis Control Act and Section 505(d) of the Illinois Controlled Substances Act.
e) Information provided to the Director by the seizing agency shall be kept confidential to the extent allowable by law unless permission to disclose is given by the seizing agency. However, general statistical information relating to forfeitures may be released by the Director at any time.