TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER II: ILLINOIS STATE POLICE
PART 1232 FIREARM DEALER LICENSE CERTIFICATION ACT
SECTION 1232.70 ALARM MONITORING SYSTEM
Section 1232.70 Alarm Monitoring System
a) Beginning January 2, 2020, a certified licensee maintaining firearms for sale, lease or transfer must be connected to an alarm monitoring system or service that will notify the licensee and/or the local law enforcement agency having primary jurisdiction for the licensee's retail location of an unauthorized intrusion into the premises of the certified licensee where firearms in inventory are maintained. (Section 5-50(c) of the Act)
b) Each alarm monitoring system or service shall meet the following minimum requirements:
1) Coverage of critical areas of the retail location, including, but not limited to, all entrances, exits, exterior windows, roof hatches, skylights, and window or wall mounted air conditioning units where firearms are sold, leased, transferred or stored. When a retail location exists in a residence or other area of a residential property, an alarm monitoring system or service must cover the critical areas of the retail location, open to the public, where firearms are sold, leased, or transferred and any other area where inventory is stored.
2) Monitoring of interior motion detection, glass breakage detection, and/or any failure in the alarm system.
3) A notification system that will provide an alert to the certified licensee, by telephone, email or text message or a combination thereof, within five minutes after any interior motion detection, glass breakage, or system failure.
4) The ability to remain operational during a power outage if all access doors are solely controlled by an electronic access panel so that locks are not released during a power outage.
c) The system shall be:
1) tested on a regular basis, but in no event less than once quarterly, to ensure it is functioning properly; and
2) demonstratively operational and functioning upon inspection by ISP or by any authorized assisting law enforcement agency.