TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER II: ILLINOIS STATE POLICE
PART 1232 FIREARM DEALER LICENSE CERTIFICATION ACT
SECTION 1232.110 FEES AND FINES
Section 1232.110 Fees and Fines
a) An applicant for license certification shall submit the following certification fee, submitted in the form of a certified check or money order payable to "Illinois State Police", or by such other means as approved by ISP. Checks or money orders shall be delivered to ISP as provided in Section 1232.180, upon notification from ISP that the application has been approved. The notification will advise the applicant of the applicable certification fee due.
1) The certification fee for an FFL held by a person operating without a retail location, as defined by Section 5-5 of the Act, shall be $300 for each application submitted.
2) The certification fee for an FFL held by a person operating with a retail location shall be $1,200 for each application submitted. (Section 5-70 of the Act)
3) The renewal fee for an FFL shall be $100 for a certified licensee operating without a retail location and $400 for a CL operating with a retail location.
4) For new CL applicants who are current FFL holders as of January 18, 2019, the certification fee shall be prorated on a monthly basis from the date of the initial FFL application and shall be effective for the duration of the current FFL in the applicant's possession. The prorated certification fee shall be based on the number of months remaining on the applicant's current valid FFL.
5) For CLs who submitted a full certification fee prior to the effective date of this Part, and who are eligible for proration of the certification fee under subsection (a)(4), ISP will credit any overpayment towards the cost of the CL's next renewal or, upon written request by the CL to ISP, will issue a refund of any overpayment.
b) ISP may not charge a certified licensee, operating under the same or different business name in this State, fees exceeding $40,000 for the certification of multiple licenses. (Section 5-70 of the Act)
c) ISP may impose a fine not to exceed $10,000 for each violation of the Act (see Sections 5-15 and 5-85 of the Act and Section 1232.150). (Section 5-85 of the Act)
d) All civil penalties or fines imposed under the Act shall be paid within 90 days after the effective date of the final order issued imposing the fine. (Section 5-15(g) of the Act) All civil penalties or fines shall be paid by certified check or money order payable to the "Illinois State Police" or by such other means as approved by ISP. Checks or money orders shall be delivered to ISP as provided in Section 1232.180.