TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER II: ILLINOIS STATE POLICE
PART 1240 LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES DATA SYSTEM (LEADS)
SECTION 1240.90 ADMINISTRATIVE AND TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES
Section 1240.90 Administrative and Training Responsibilities
All LEADS agencies must meet the following administrative responsibilities:
a) Appoint LEADS Agency Coordinator
1) Every LEADS terminal agency is required to appoint one employee as its LEADS Agency Coordinator. Immediately upon appointment, the name of this person must be submitted to the LEADS Administrator.
2) The minimum requirements for the appointed LEADS Agency Coordinator are:
A) Must be an employee under the direct management control of the agency head;
B) Must be certified through the LEADS User Certification Program prior to appointment and remain in certified status during time of appointment; and
C) Must be thoroughly familiar with all LEADS regulations, policies, capabilities, and procedures.
3) The duties of the LEADS Agency Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
A) Serve as liaison with Department personnel;
B) Coordinate training of all agency personnel on LEADS capabilities, procedures, regulations, and policies;
C) Assist the agency head to ensure all LEADS regulations and policies are followed; and
D) Provide input to LEADS personnel of the Department regarding problems and ideas for improvement of and changes to LEADS.
4) Immediately upon the termination or reassignment of the LEADS Agency Coordinator, the agency head must appoint a new LEADS Agency Coordinator and notify the LEADS Administrator of the appointment.
b) Training Requirements
1) LEADS user certification is mandatory for all LEADS agency personnel who have full access or less-than-full access to LEADS functions.
2) LEADS User Certification Program training is administered by the Department.
3) User certification is awarded after successful completion of the LEADS User Certification Program and satisfaction of all its requirements for the level of access sought.
4) Each full access and less-than-full access LEADS user must be functionally retested and recertified according to the LEADS Operator Certification Program.
5) Each LEADS agency shall maintain records of all LEADS training, testing, and proficiency affirmation.
6) Each agency shall provide basic LEADS training to all indirect users after LEADS and other criminal justice practitioners (within six months after employment or assignment) for which the agency provides LEADS service.
7) Each LEADS agency shall provide continuing access to information concerning changes or enhancements to LEADS to all indirect users of LEADS and criminal justice practitioners who utilize LEADS.
8) Each LEADS agency shall provide basic LEADS training regarding functionality, regulations, policy, audits, sanctions, and related civil liability to criminal justice administrators and upper-level managers within the agency.
9) User certification may be suspended or revoked by the Department for violation or non-compliance with laws, rules, regulations, or procedures. An individual whose certification is to be suspended or revoked will be informed of the reason for the action and the evidence supporting it. The individual will be provided an opportunity to respond prior to a suspension or revocation.