TITLE 26: ELECTIONS
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF ELECTIONS
PART 213 CYBER NAVIGATOR PROGRAM
SECTION 213.20 INFRASTRUCTURE ILLINOIS CENTURY NETWORK (ICN) CONNECTIVITY
Section 213.20 Infrastructure – Illinois Century Network (ICN) Connectivity
a) The Board will modify the Statewide voter registration database, including the electronic canvas transmissions, to allow for connection from local election jurisdictions via an ICN established internal network.
1) The Board will make a reasonable effort for all direct connectivity to the Board's Statewide registration database to be from known whitelisted IP addresses.
2) Once all jurisdictions are connected via the ICN, the Board will require all system traffic between the election jurisdiction and the Board to use private IP addressing.
b) Each election jurisdiction participating in the Cyber Navigator Program shall connect to the Board's Statewide voter registration database via the ICN or shall enter into an agreement to connect via the ICN as soon as practicable.
c) The Board will take the appropriate steps to establish an Interagency Agreement with DoIT to provide the election jurisdictions access to a reliable ICN connection, for the purposes outlined in this Section.
d) The Board shall take all reasonable steps to have DoIT provide such protective services as listed below to each election authority's connection on the ICN.
1) A firewall shall be configured such that it provides protections for the election authority's connection through the ICN.
2) Software shall be installed to provide protection against attempted Distributed Denial of Service Attacks (DDoS).
3) Election jurisdiction connections on the ICN shall be eligible to receive DoIT's Security Operation Center (SOC) 24/7 monitoring.
4) Election jurisdiction connections shall have Albert Sensor, or comparable device, intrusion detection.