TITLE 26: ELECTIONS
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF ELECTIONS
PART 213 CYBER NAVIGATOR PROGRAM
SECTION 213.40 PERSONNEL - CYBER NAVIGATORS
Section 213.40 Personnel − Cyber Navigators
a) The Board shall take steps to pursue entering into an interagency agreement with DoIT to provide cyber security personnel resources for an election jurisdiction cyber assistance program. These personnel will be known as Cyber Navigators and they:
1) shall work to increase election jurisdictions' cyber security posture;
2) analyze system and network documentation for accuracy;
3) recommend that software updates and patches are regularly applied to information systems;
4) make recommendations for secure e-mail accounts and best practices regarding these accounts;
5) provide guidance for anti-malware tools and their deployment on both servers and workstations;
6) perform risk assessments for each election jurisdiction;
7) assist jurisdictions and/or their IT departments with assessing their systems based on the Center for Internet Security's recommended procedures.
b) The proposed interagency agreement will direct DoIT to provide 9 Cyber Navigators on a personal services contract basis for an initial 12 month "startup" phase. The ongoing need will be evaluated as the program matures. The Board shall pay the associated costs (payroll, travel, etc.) using 2018 HAVA Election Security Grant funds, if available. The duties of these individuals is outlined in subsection (a).