TITLE 35: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
SUBTITLE F: PUBLIC WATER SUPPLIES
CHAPTER I: POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD
PART 601 INTRODUCTION
SECTION 601.102 APPLICABILITY AND ORGANIZATION OF THIS CHAPTER
Section 601.102 Applicability and Organization of this Chapter
a) The provisions of this Chapter shall apply to groundwater and public water supplies, except for those designated as non-community water supplies. A public water supply shall be considered to end at each service connection.
b) The Board regulations adopted in this Chapter are organized as provided in this Section.
1) Part 601 contains definitions, analytical testing requirements, and incorporations by reference applicable to Parts 601, 602, 603 and 607.
2) Part 602 contains permitting requirements and standards for community water supplies and technical, financial and managerial capacity requirements for new community water supplies.
3) Part 603 contains ownership and responsible personnel requirements for community water supplies.
4) Part 607 contains requirements for emergency operation and cross-connection control.
5) Part 611 contains regulations identical in substance with federal regulations promulgated by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) pursuant to Sections 1412(b), 1414(c), 1417(a) and 1445(a) of the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) (42 USC 300g-1(b), 300g-3(c), 300g-6(a) and 300j-4(a)). Part 611 establishes primary drinking water regulations and includes definitions and incorporations by reference applicable to Part 611.
6) Part 615 contains requirements and standards for the protection of groundwater for certain types of existing facilities or units located wholly or partially within a setback zone or a regulated recharge area. Part 615 includes definitions and incorporations by reference applicable to Part 615.
7) Part 616 contains requirements and standards for the protection of groundwater for certain types of new facilities or units located wholly or partially within a setback zone or a regulated recharge area. Part 616 includes definitions applicable to Part 616.
8) Part 617 contains the requirements and standards for regulated recharge areas. Part 617 includes definitions and an incorporation by reference applicable to Part 617.
9) Part 618 contains requirements and standards for maximum setback zones. Part 618 includes definitions applicable to Part 618.
10) Part 620 contains the method of classification of groundwater, nondegradation provisions, the groundwater quality standards, and procedures and protocols for the management and protection of groundwater. Part 620 includes definitions and incorporations by reference applicable to Part 620.
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 6784, effective April 15, 2016)