TITLE 44: GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS, GRANTMAKING, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE A: PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT PROVISIONS
CHAPTER I: CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER FOR GENERAL SERVICES
PART 1 CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER FOR GENERAL SERVICES STANDARD PROCUREMENT
SECTION 1.4015 METHOD OF SOURCE SELECTION
Section 1.4015 Method of Source Selection
a) Leases shall be procured by using a Request for Information for Real Property or Capital Improvement Leases (RFI-Real Property Leases) process, except as provided in subsection (b).
b) The RFI-Real Property Leases process is not required in the following circumstances, unless the SPO determines that the competitive RFI process is in the best interests of the State for extensions of leases. Written records of any negotiations shall be maintained in the procurement file.
1) Property of less than 10,000 square feet with rent of less than $100,000 per year.
2) Duration of less than one year that cannot be renewed.
3) Specialized space available at only one location. Specialized space is defined as space of unique function or configuration, not generally available on the market on an as built or turnkey basis. Examples of specialized space include, but are not limited to, laboratories, vehicle testing stations, correctional facilities, medical facilities, boat docks and evidence storage facilities.
4) Renewal or extension of leases provided that:
A) The CPO-GS determines in writing that the renewal or extension is in the best interest of the State agency;
B) The CPO-GS submits his or her written determination and the renewal or extension to PPB;
C) PPB does not object in writing to the renewal or extension within 30 days after its submission; and
D) The SPO publishes notice of the renewal or extension in the Bulletin at least 30 days prior to the exercise of the renewal or extension option.
5) Leases with other governmental units may be negotiated without using the RFI-Real Property Leases process when deemed by the CPO-GS to be in the best interest of the State. [30 ILCS 500/40-15]
c) The procurement file shall include the lease file mentioned in the Code.
(Source: Amended at 46 Ill. Reg. 10208, effective June 2, 2022)