TITLE 47: HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY
PART 100 LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
SECTION 100.250 DETERMINATION OF HOUSEHOLD ELIGIBILITY
Section 100.250 Determination of Household Eligibility
a) Household applications for assistance through program options contained in Sections 100.230 and 100.240 will be accepted by LAAs if there are sufficient funds allocated to the LAA to grant assistance through program options.
b) Eligibility requirements for Section 100.220 are for a 30-day period based on an amount equal to 150% of the OMB Poverty Income Guidelines per most recent census data. To receive assistance:
1) The customer of record must be a member of the household. A household member may apply on behalf of the customer of record.
2) A household applying for emergency service must:
A) meet income guidelines as specified in subsection (b);
B) be disconnected from their primary and/or secondary heat source; and
C) have paid their primary and/or secondary heat source, within the past 90 days, a "good faith" payment. The good faith rule as defined in Section 100.30 may be waived in cases of extreme economic hardship. Extreme economic hardship exists when the household's source of income has been permanently terminated for at least 30 days and a new source of income has not commenced.
c) Application Requirements – A client application for assistance is complete when it contains:
1) a copy of utility bills or landlord statement that energy payments are included in the rent;
2) proof of income for any household member age 18 or older;
3) for an applicant whose utility service has been disconnected and is applying for an emergency service payment, proof that the household has paid a "good faith" amount as defined in Section 100.30 toward its utility bills (e.g., a copy of the applicant's utility bills);
4) head of household information;
5) dwelling information;
6) household income information; and
7) home energy information.
d) Verification of Rental Expenses – Rental expenses may be verified by documentation in the form of: lease/rental agreements, current rent receipts, or verification letters from the applicant's landlord or authorized property manager.
e) Notification Requirements – Households will receive written notification regarding eligibility determination within 30 days after the date the client application is complete. Additionally, home energy providers (e.g., utility companies) receiving a payment on behalf of an eligible household will be notified in writing of the household's eligibility within the same 30-day period.
(Source: Section 100.250 recodified from 89 Ill. Adm. Code 109.250 at 33 Ill. Reg. 9466)