TITLE 47: HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY
PART 110 STATE ADMINISTRATION OF THE FEDERAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM FOR SMALL CITIES
SECTION 110.90 SET-ASIDE FOR DISASTER RESPONSE COMPONENT
Section 110.90 Set-Aside for Disaster Response Component
Certain types of conditions, such as natural disasters or other unique circumstances, e.g., loss of infrastructure due to construction, environmental incidents such as oil spills, ruptured public utility lines, etc., do not lend themselves well to a designated (yearly or quarterly) application cycle. In response to CPD Notice 17-06, this as-needed program is designed for communities affected by an unforeseen event resulting in a State Disaster Declaration by the Governor of the State of Illinois on an "as needed" basis. There is no application deadline for this set-aside. If no situations arise that warrant this type of assistance, the set-aside funds will be reallocated at the end of the program year.
a) Project Eligibility Criteria – For a project to be eligible for funding under this component, applicants must document the following:
1) A national objective (as defined in Section 110.40) must be met by the project.
2) At minimum, 25% of project costs will be paid from other non-Department funds. Examples of other funding sources may include USDA Rural Development, EPA or local funds. The grantee may request, in writing, that the 25% minimum leverage requirement be waived. This request must include a reasonable justification. The Department shall review each request on a case-by-case basis.
3) A serious and urgent threat to the health and safety of community residents exists, i.e., a serious deficiency exists and problems clearly attributable to the deficiency have occurred from an unforeseen event resulting in a State Disaster Declaration by the Governor of the State of Illinois.
4) A financial need for grant assistance in order to address the identified problem.
b) Application Review and Approval
1) Funds will be made available on an as needed basis through a noncompetitive process until all funds are obligated.
2) Applications shall be prepared and submitted to the Department as specified in Section 110.70.
3) Applications shall be reviewed in accordance with Section 110.103.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 19976, effective October 29, 2018)