TITLE 47: HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND COMMUNITY AFFAIRS
PART 160 EMERGENCY SHELTER GRANTS PROGRAM
SECTION 160.70 SELECTION FOR FUNDING
Section 160.70 Selection for Funding
a) The Department shall screen applications to determine that all requirements of the application package have been addressed. Completed applications will be reviewed and evaluated by Department staff to determine which applicants:
1) demonstrate the greatest need for funds in their
A) estimate of the number of homeless in the area and the number of homeless to be served by grant funds,
B) description of the unmet needs of the homeless in the area, and
C) description of the relationship of the proposed activities to the identified needs;
2) propose projects that best meet the objectives of the program and the demonstrated needs of the area's homeless;
3) indicate a successful history of the not-for-profit organization in providing services to the homeless; and
4) have the ability to utilize funds immediately.
b) Preference in selection will be given to projects which complement and support homeless activities being carried out locally and which demonstrate that a system for coordinating these activities and other services is being used.
c) Local governments and not-for-profit organizations will be notified in writing as to availability of funds and application due date. Funds will be awarded on a competitive basis using the criteria specified in subsections (a) and (b) until all available funds are expended.
d) The Department reserves the right to deny application funding when submitted applications involve eligible units of government and/or not-for-profit organizatons with serious unresolved audit or monitoring findings related to performance capacity, and/or who consistently fail to comply with program requirements. Examples include, but are not limited to:
1) untimely submittal of progress reports;
2) untimely expenditures of ESGP funds;
3) co-mingling of ESGP funds with other funds; and
4) untimely submittal of other requested documentation.
(Source: Amended at 18 Ill. Reg. 5163, effective March 21, 1994)