TITLE 71: PUBLIC BUILDINGS, FACILITIES, AND REAL PROPERTY
CHAPTER I: CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT BOARD
SUBCHAPTER a: RULES
PART 43 EARLY CHILDHOOD CONSTRUCTION GRANT RULES
SECTION 43.160 GRANT AWARD PROCESS
Section 43.160 Grant Award Process
a) Grants will be awarded by the Board.
b) Grants shall be subject to the Illinois Grant Funds Recovery Act [30 ILCS 705]. Any Grant funds not legally obligated within two years after disbursement by the State shall be returned to the Board within 45 days.
c) Grant funds may only be used for the Project described in the Grant agreement. The applicant must provide matching funds as required by the Act.
d) Applicants must demonstrate their ability to obtain the required match and any amounts needed for the proposed Project that exceed the Grant amount.
e) Grant awards are conditioned upon the recipient's written certification that it will comply with applicable laws, including but not limited to, the equal employment practices of:
1) Section 2-105 of the Illinois Human Rights Act [775 ILCS 5];
2) the Illinois Accessibility Code [71 Ill. Adm. Code 400];
3) the Prevailing Wage Act [820 ILCS 130];
4) the practices for minority-owned businesses, woman-owned businesses, and businesses owned by persons with disabilities of the Business Enterprise for Minorities, Women and Persons with Disabilities Act [30 ILCS 575]; and
5) the Illinois Works Jobs Program Act Apprenticeship Initiative [30 ILCS 559/20-20], when applicable.
f) Grants will be awarded based on the availability of funding within a given application period.
(Source: Amended at 45 Ill. Reg. 11564, effective September 3, 2021)