TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER f: EMERGENCY SERVICES AND HIGHWAY SAFETY
PART 515 EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES, TRAUMA CENTER, COMPREHENSIVE STROKE CENTER, PRIMARY STROKE CENTER AND ACUTE STROKE READY HOSPITAL CODE
SECTION 515.730 PRE-HOSPITAL REGISTERED NURSE
Section 515.730 Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse
a) To be licensed as a PHRN, an individual shall:
1) Be an RN in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act;
2) Complete an education curriculum formulated by an EMS System and approved by the Department, which consists of at least 40 hours of classroom and psychomotor education and measurement of competency equivalent to the entry level Paramedic program; and practical education, including, but not limited to, advanced airway techniques, ambulance operations, extrication, telecommunications, and pre-hospital cardiac and trauma care of both the adult and pediatric population (Section 3.80(c)(1)(A) of the Act);
3) Complete a minimum of 10 ALS runs supervised by a licensed physician, an approved PHRN or a Paramedic, only as authorized by the EMS MD; and
4) New applicants completing course work after January 1, 2018 shall successfully pass the State of Illinois Paramedic licensure examination as the PHRN cognitive competency examination; and
5) The EMS MD shall electronically submit to the Department, using the Department's Electronic Transaction Form, making a recommendation for licensure for a PHRN candidate who has completed and passed all components of the PHRN education program and passed the final examination. The application will include demographic information, social security number, child support statement, felony conviction statement, and applicable fees and shall require EMS System authorization.
b) To apply for a four year renewal, the PHRN shall comply with Section 515.590.
c) Inactive Status
1) Prior to the expiration of the current license, a PHRN may request to be placed on inactive status as outlined in Section 515.600. The request shall be made in writing to the EMS MD.
2) A PHRN who wants to restore his or her license to active status shall follow the requirements set forth in Section 515.600.
3) If the PHRN inactive status period exceeds 48 months, the licensee shall redemonstrate competencies and successfully pass the State Paramedic examination.
4) The EMS MD shall notify the Department in writing of a PHRN's approval, reapproval, or granting or denying of inactive status within 10 days after any change in a PHRN's approval status.
e) A PHRN shall notify the Department within 30 days after any change in name or address. Notification may be in person, or by mail, phone, fax, or electronic mail. Addresses may be changed through the Department's online system: https://emslicensing.dph.illinois.gov/Clients/ILDOHEMS/Private/AddressChange/AddressLogin.aspx. Names and gender changes require legal documents, i.e., marriage license or court documents.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 17632, effective September 20, 2018)