TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER k: COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL AND IMMUNIZATIONS
PART 690 CONTROL OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES CODE
SECTION 690.368 CYCLOSPORIASIS (REPORTABLE BY MAIL, TELEPHONE, FACSIMILE OR ELECTRONICALLY, WITHIN SEVEN DAYS)
Section 690.368 Cyclosporiasis (Reportable by mail, telephone, facsimile or electronically, within seven days)
a) Control of Case
1) Standard precautions shall be followed.
2) No restrictions are required for food handlers or those in sensitive occupations.
b) Control of Contacts
1) No restrictions.
2) Contacts who have had similar exposures as cases should see a physician if diarrhea develops.
c) Laboratory Reporting
1) Laboratories shall report to the local health authority patients who have a positive result on any laboratory test indicative of and specific for detecting Cyclospora infection.
2) Laboratories shall report and submit to the Department's laboratory any Cyclospora positive stool, food or environmental samples resulting from an outbreak investigation.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 5533, effective February 11, 2014)