TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER k: COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL AND IMMUNIZATIONS
PART 690 CONTROL OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES CODE
SECTION 690.475 LEGIONELLOSIS (REPORTABLE BY MAIL, TELEPHONE, FACSIMILE OR ELECTRONICALLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, WITHIN SEVEN DAYS)
Section 690.475 Legionellosis (Reportable by mail, telephone, facsimile or electronically as soon as possible, within seven days)
a) Control of Case
1) Standard precautions shall be followed.
2) The local health authority shall investigate clusters of cases to determine whether there is a common environmental source of infection.
b) Control of Contacts
c) Laboratory Reporting
1) Laboratories shall report to the local health authority patients from whom Legionella species is cultured or patients who have a positive result on any other laboratory test indicative of and specific for detecting Legionella infection.
2) Laboratories shall forward clinical materials positive for Legionella species to the Department's laboratory.
3) Laboratories shall report and submit to the Department's laboratory any environmental Legionella samples resulting from an outbreak investigation.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 5533, effective February 11, 2014)