TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER k: COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL AND IMMUNIZATIONS
PART 690 CONTROL OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES CODE
SECTION 690.725 TULAREMIA (REPORTABLE BY TELEPHONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, WITHIN 24 HOURS, UNLESS SUSPECT BIOTERRORIST EVENT OR PART OF AN OUTBREAK, THEN REPORTABLE IMMEDIATELY (WITHIN THREE HOURS))
Section 690.725 Tularemia (Reportable by telephone as soon as possible, within 24 hours, unless suspect bioterrorist event or part of an outbreak, then reportable immediately (within three hours))
a) Control of Case
1) Standard precautions shall be followed.
2) Biosafety Level 2 laboratory precautions are required. Laboratory workers who encounter/handle this organism are at high risk of disease if exposed.
b) Control of Contacts
c) Laboratory Reporting
1) Laboratories shall report to the local health authority patients from whom Francisella tularensis has been cultured and patients who have a positive result on any other laboratory test indicative of and specific for detecting Francisella tularensis infection.
2) Laboratories shall forward clinical materials positive for Francisella tularensis to the Department's laboratory.
3) Laboratories shall report and submit to the Department's laboratory any Francisella tularensis environmental or animal samples from an outbreak investigation.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 5533, effective February 11, 2014)