TITLE 83: PUBLIC UTILITIES
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION
SUBCHAPTER c: ELECTRIC UTILITIES
PART 421 ENVIRONMENTAL DISCLOSURE
SECTION 421.30 DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS PROVIDED TO THE COMMISSION
Section 421.30 Disclosure Statements Provided to the Commission
a) The following information shall be submitted to the Commission from every utility and ARES, to the maximum extent practicable, on at least a quarterly basis:
1) A break-down, on a percentage basis, of the known sources of electricity supplied in Illinois. This break-down shall provide percentages of biomass power, coal-fired power, hydro power, natural gas-fired power, nuclear power, oil-fired power, solar power, wind power, other resources and unknown resources purchased from other companies, respectively.
A) The percentage used shall be rounded to the nearest whole number.
B) Any source of electricity in subsection (a)(1) that is not used shall be listed in the table and depicted as "0%".
C) This table shall be as depicted in Exhibit A.
2) A pie-chart, which graphically depicts the information in subsection (a)(1), shall also be provided.
A) Any source of electricity in subsection (a)(1) that is not used shall not be depicted in the pie-chart.
B) Each segment in the pie-chart shall be depicted in the following colors: biomass power − light brown; coal-fired power − black; hydro power − blue; natural gas-fired power − grey; nuclear power − red; oil-fired power − dark brown; solar power − yellow; wind power − green; other resources − white; and unknown resources purchased from other companies − purple.
C) This pie-chart shall be as depicted in Exhibit B.
3) A table shall be provided that depicts the amounts of carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides and sulfur dioxide emissions and high-level and low-level nuclear waste attributable to the aggregate known sources of electricity identified in subsection (a)(1).
A) The carbon dioxide emissions, nitrogen oxide emissions, and sulfur dioxide emissions shall be stated in pounds per 1,000 kilowatt-hours (lbs/1,000 kWh).
B) The high-level nuclear waste shall be stated in pounds of high-level nuclear waste per 1,000 kilowatt-hours (lbs/1,000 kWh).
C) The low-level nuclear waste shall be stated in cubic feet of low-level nuclear waste per 1,000 kilowatt-hours (ft3/1,000 kWh).
D) Any high-level nuclear waste that is less than "0.0001" shall be depicted as "<0.0001".
E) The table shall include a footnote to disclose the percentage of total electrical power supplied for which the utility or ARES does not know the amount of emissions in subsection (a)(3)(A) or nuclear waste in subsections (a)(3)(B) and (C).
F) This table and footnote shall be as depicted in Exhibit C.
4) Any other information the utility or ARES believes to be relevant to the information required may be provided.
5) A utility or ARES submitting information shall identify itself on such information.
b) Information timetable
1) Information in subsection (a) for the 12 month period ending March 31 of each year shall be provided to the Commission on July 1 of that year; information for the 12 month period ending June 30 of each year shall be provided on October 1 of that year; information for the 12 month period ending September 30 of each year shall be provided on January 1 of the following year; and information for the 12 month period ending December 31 of each year shall be provided on April 1 of the following year.
2) For disclosure during calendar year 1999, utilities and ARES shall provide information for the preceding 12 month period, to the extent such information is available. Utilities and ARES shall explicitly state the period on which the disclosure is based.
c) Filing requirements
1) The information required to be filed by this Part shall be submitted to the Commission in both printed and electronic form. The printed version shall be the same as that submitted in mailings to customers pursuant to Section 16-127(a) and (b) of the Act [220 ILCS 5/16-127(a) and (b)] and shall be the official version filed with the Commission's Chief Clerk. The computerized version of the data and information shall be in a clearly legible 12 point font size in the format described in subsections (a)(1), (2), and (3) of this Section and provided electronically in PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format) and delivered to the Commission's offices on CDs (Compact Discs) or DVDs (Digital Video Discs and Digital Versatile Discs). If the computerized version is scanned from paper, it shall be saved in a PDF that includes both image and text to allow indexing. The computerized version of the data and information shall be included in the Commission's World Wide Web site (www.icc.illinois.gov).
2) Subsection (c)(1) notwithstanding, entities required to file information pursuant to this Part may do so entirely electronically without having to provide a CD or DVD upon notification by the Chief Clerk of the Commission on the Commission's website of the availability of electronic filing for submissions pursuant to this Part.
3) The information filed with the Commission pursuant to this Section shall be signed by an officer, agent or attorney for the utility or ARES. The contents of the filing shall be verified by the filing party before a notary public.
(Source: Amended at 43 Ill. Reg. 9950, effective August 27, 2019)