TITLE 86: REVENUE
CHAPTER IV: ILLINOIS GAMING BOARD
PART 3000 RIVERBOAT GAMBLING
SECTION 3000.614 TOURNAMENTS, ENHANCED PAYOUTS AND GIVE-AWAYS
Section 3000.614 Tournaments, Enhanced Payouts and Give-aways
a) For purposes of this Section, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
1) Enhanced Payout: An event sponsored by a Riverboat Gaming Operation wherein Gaming patrons participate in a Game or an approved variation of a Game and thereby qualify for receiving, upon a specified outcome in such Game, a payment or thing of value in excess of payouts contained in the Internal Control System or as displayed on the Gaming Device. The cost of such excess payment or thing of value may be subtracted from Gross Receipts in determining Adjusted Gross Receipts.
2) Tournament: A contest sponsored by a Riverboat Gaming Operation wherein patrons play or wager on a Game or Games and receive, separate from any applicable winnings from wagers, prizes that include the total of any entry fees to the contest and cash or non-cash prizes offered by the Riverboat Gaming Operation in conjunction with the contest. The cost of cash or non-cash prizes and entry fees for a Tournament may not be subtracted from Gross Receipts in determining Adjusted Gross Receipts.
3) Give-away: A Game where patron entry to the Game is determined by attendance on a riverboat or the attainment of a certain outcome or an accumulation of points/credits on a Gaming Device. The cost of prizes paid in a Give-away may not be subtracted from Gross Receipts in Determining Adjusted Gross Receipts.
b) Tournaments, Enhanced Payouts or Give-aways may only be conducted when:
1) Documented in the Internal Control System of the holder of an Owner's License;
2) In conformance with the Act, this Part and the Internal Control System; and
3) Approved by the Administrator.
c) The Internal Control System provisions for the conduct of Tournaments, Enhanced Payouts or Give-aways involving Gaming shall be submitted by the holder of an Owner's License pursuant to Sections 3000.300 through 3000.320.
d) Requests for the conduct of specific Tournaments, Enhanced Payouts and Give-aways involving Gaming must be received in writing by the Administrator at least 14 days prior to the proposed date of implementation.
e) Any Tournament, Enhanced Payout or Give-away for which eligibility or amount of any award or prize is determined by an information system shall be reasonably tested in advance to ensure the integrity of the Tournament, Enhanced Payout or Give-away.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 12050, effective July 9, 2013)