TITLE 86: REVENUE
CHAPTER IV: ILLINOIS GAMING BOARD
PART 3000 RIVERBOAT GAMBLING
SECTION 3000.625 CHIP SPECIFICATIONS
Section 3000.625 Chip Specifications
a) Value Chips
1) Each Chip issued by a holder of an Owner's License shall be round in shape, have clearly and permanently impressed, engraved or imprinted thereon the name and location of the issuing Riverboat Gaming Operation and the specific value of the Chip, except that a holder of an Owner's License may issue Gaming Chips without a value impressed, engraved or imprinted thereon for Roulette. Chips with a value contained thereon shall be known as "Value Chips" and Chips without a value contained thereon shall be known as "Non-Value Chips."
2) Value Chips may be issued by the holder of the Owner's License in denominations of $.25, $.50, $1.00, $2.50, $5.00, $20.00, $25.00, $100.00, $500.00, $1,000.00 and $5,000.00. The holder of the Owner's License shall have the discretion to determine the denominations to be utilized on its Riverboat and the amount of each denomination necessary for the conduct of Gaming operations.
3) Each denomination of Value Chip shall have a different primary color from every other denomination of Value Chip. Value Chips shall fall within the colors set forth below when such Chips are viewed both in daylight and under incandescent light. In conjunction with such primary colors, each holder of an Owner's License shall utilize contrasting secondary colors for the edge spots on each denomination of Value Chip. Unless otherwise approved by the Administrator, no holder of an Owner's License shall use a secondary color on a specific denomination of Chip identical to the secondary color used by another holder of an Owner's License on that same denomination of the Value Chip. The primary color to be utilized by each holder of an Owner's License for each denomination of Value Chip shall be:
A) $0.25 − "Blue";
B) $0.50 – "Mustard Yellow";
C) $1.00 – "White";
D) $2.50 – "Pink";
E) $5.00 – "Red";
F) $20.00 – "Yellow";
G) $25.00 – "Green";
H) $100.00 – "Black";
I) $500.00 – "Purple";
J) $1,000.00 – "Fire Orange"; and
K) $5,000.00 – "Gray".
4) Each denomination of Value Chip utilized by a holder of an Owner's License shall, unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator:
A) Have its center portion, which contains the value of the Chip and the Riverboat Gaming Operation issuing it, of a different shape for each denomination;
B) Be designed so as to be able to determine on closed circuit black and white television the specific denomination of such Chip when placed in a stack of Chips of other denominations; and
C) Be designed, manufactured and constructed so as to prevent, to the greatest extent possible, the counterfeiting of such Chips.
5) The Board shall have the discretion to approve a Value Chip in the denomination of $1,000.00 or $5,000.00 at variance with the requirements of this Section provided that any variation is specifically identified as such by the holder of the Owner's License and provided further that said variation does not affect the control, security or integrity of said Chips or the operation of the Games.
b) Non-Value Chips
1) Each Non-Value Chip utilized by a Riverboat shall be issued solely for the purpose of Gaming at roulette. The Non-Value Chips at each roulette table shall:
A) Have the name of the Riverboat Gaming Operation issuing it molded into its center;
B) Contain a design, insert or symbol differentiating it from the Non-Value Chips being used at every other roulette table in the Riverboat;
C) Have "roulette" impressed on it; and
D) Be designed, manufactured and constructed so as to prevent, to the greatest extent possible, the counterfeiting of such Chips.
2) Non-Value Chips issued at a roulette table shall only be used for Gaming at that table and shall not be used for Gaming at any other table in the Riverboat nor shall any holder of an Owner's License or its employees allow any Riverboat patron to remove Non-Value Chips permanently from the table from which they were issued.
3) No person at a roulette table shall be issued or permitted to Game with Non-Value Chips that are identical in color and design to Value Chips or to Non-Value Chips being used by another person at the same table. When a patron purchases Non-Value Chips, a Non-Value Chip of the same color shall be placed in a slot or receptacle attached to the outer rim of the roulette wheel. At that time, a marker button denoting the value of a stack of 20 Chips of that color shall be placed in the slot or receptacle.
4) Non-Value Chips shall only be presented for redemption at the table from which they were issued and shall not be redeemed or exchanged at any other location in the Riverboat Gaming Operation. When so presented, the dealer at such table shall exchange them for an equivalent amount of Value Chips which may then be used by the patron in Gaming or redeemed as any other Value Chips.
5) Each holder of an Owner's License shall have the discretion to permit, limit or prohibit the use of Value Chips in Gaming at roulette provided, however, that it shall be the responsibility of the holder of an Owner's License to keep accurate account of the Wagers being made at roulette with Value Chips so that the Wagers made by the one player are not confused with those made by another player at the table.
(Source: Amended at 36 Ill. Reg. 13199, effective July 31, 2012)