TITLE 86: REVENUE
CHAPTER IV: ILLINOIS GAMING BOARD
PART 3000 RIVERBOAT GAMBLING
SECTION 3000.640 EXCHANGE OF CHIPS, TOKENS, AND VOUCHERS
Section 3000.640 Exchange of Chips, Tokens, and Vouchers
a) Chips shall be issued to a person only at the request of such person and shall not be given as change in any other transaction. Chips shall only be issued to Riverboat patrons at cashier cages or at the Live Gaming Devices and shall be redeemed only at a cashier cage.
b) Tokens shall only be issued upon the request of a patron from a cashier cage, Token Dispenser or from employees of the holder of an Owner's license at the Electronic Gaming Device area. Tokens shall be redeemed only at a cashier cage.
c) Vouchers shall only be issued by approved Voucher Printers in Electronic Gaming Devices or at a cashier cage.
1) Prior to their Redemption Dates, Vouchers may be redeemed for:
A) Electronic Credit at Electronic Gaming Devices, which Credit may then be redeemed as a new Voucher or in Tokens, for EGDs equipped for Tokens; and
B) United States currency at Voucher Validation Terminals and a cashier cage at the holder of an Owner's license.
2) After their Redemption Dates and prior to their Expiration Dates, Vouchers may be redeemed for United States currency only at a cashier cage of the holder of an Owner's license.
d) Chips, Tokens or Vouchers shall only be redeemed by a holder of an Owner's license from its patrons and shall not be knowingly redeemed from any non-patron source, except where:
1) employees of the holder present for redemption Chips or Tokens as provided in the approved Internal Control System of the holder;
2) another holder of an Owner's License presents for redemption Tokens which have been lawfully received by that holder;
3) subject to approval by the Administrator, a person licensed to conduct Gaming in another jurisdiction presents for redemption Tokens which have been lawfully received by that person; or
4) the prior written approval for the redemption of the Chips or Tokens is obtained in each instance from the Administrator.
e) Each Riverboat shall promptly redeem its own Chips, Tokens and Vouchers by cash or by check dated the day of such redemption on an account of the Riverboat, as requested by the patron, except when the Chips, Tokens and Vouchers were obtained or used unlawfully.
f) Each Riverboat may demand the redemption of its Chips, Tokens or Vouchers from any person in possession of them and that person shall redeem the Chips, Tokens or Vouchers upon presentation by the Riverboat Gaming Operation of an equivalent amount of cash or check dated the same day on an account of the Riverboat.
g) Each Riverboat shall cause to be posted and remain posted in a prominent place:
1) On the front of a cashier cage a sign that reads as follows: "Gaming Chips, Tokens or Vouchers issued by another Riverboat may not be used, exchanged or redeemed in this Riverboat";
2) On Electronic Gaming Device Token redemption booths a sign that reads as follows: "Tokens or Vouchers issued by another Riverboat may not be used, exchanged or redeemed in this Riverboat"; and
3) On Voucher Validation Terminals a sign that reads as follows: "Vouchers issued by another Riverboat may not be used, exchanged or redeemed in this Riverboat".
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 18255, effective November 1, 2013)