TITLE 86: REVENUE
CHAPTER IV: ILLINOIS GAMING BOARD
PART 3000 RIVERBOAT GAMBLING
SECTION 3000.782 REQUIRED INFORMATION, RECOMMENDATIONS, FORMS AND INTERVIEWS
Section 3000.782 Required Information, Recommendations, Forms and Interviews
a) A person requesting removal from the Self-Exclusion List must, in connection with the request, provide the Administrator with all of the following:
1) Documentation as to treatment received for the person's gambling problem, length of treatment, and names and qualifications of treatment providers.
2) A written recommendation, from a treating physician or qualified mental health professional who is a certified gambling counselor, as to the self-excluded person's capacity to participate in gambling without adverse health and mental health risks or consequences related to gambling. For purposes of this Subpart, "certified gambling counselor" means an individual who has completed a specific course of study in the treatment of problem gambling and has been certified by a certification organization acceptable to the Board and listed on the Board's website.
3) Upon request of the Administrator, a written recommendation, from a second or subsequent physician or qualified mental health professional who is a certified gambling counselor, as to the self-excluded person's capacity to participate in gambling without adverse health and mental health risks or consequences related to gambling.
4) All information required under Section 3000.755(a).
5) A statement informing the Administrator whether the person has been present at any riverboat gaming operations while on the Self-Exclusion List and, if so, the names of the riverboat operations at which the person was present and dates and times of attendance.
6) A waiver of liability of the Board, its agents and the State of Illinois for any damages that may arise out of any act or omission committed by the person as a consequence of his or her removal from the Self-Exclusion List, including any monetary or other damages sustained in connection with the person's renewal of any gaming activities.
7) A verified, written consent to the release of all of the person's medical and counseling records related to the proposed removal from the Self-Exclusion List.
8) Any additional information, forms, recommendations, or other materials necessary, as determined by the Administrator, to demonstrate the elimination of the mental health or medical condition underlying the person's acknowledgement that he or she has been a problem gambler and unable to gamble responsibly.
b) Upon request of the Administrator, a person seeking removal from the Self-Exclusion List shall appear for an interview at an office of the Board designated by the Administrator during regular business hours. Persons who are unable to travel to a Board office due to employment, financial or medical reasons may request, in writing, a reasonable accommodation in a manner or at a site and time designated at the sole discretion of the Administrator. Nothing in this Section shall require that an accommodation be granted.
c) The Administrator shall ascertain to the extent possible whether a person requesting removal from the Self-Exclusion List was ever present in the area within the admission turnstiles of a riverboat gaming operation while on the list.
d) The Administrator shall not rule on a request for removal from the Self-Exclusion List until all requirements of this Section have been fulfilled.
(Source: Added at 31 Ill. Reg. 8098, effective June 14, 2007)