TITLE 92: TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER II: SECRETARY OF STATE
PART 1010 CERTIFICATES OF TITLE, REGISTRATION OF VEHICLES
SECTION 1010.230 REFUSING REGISTRATION OR CERTIFICATE OF TITLE
Section 1010.230 Refusing Registration or Certificate of Title
a) The Secretary of State shall refuse registration or transfer of registration; the issuance of a certificate of title, transfer or assignment of a certificate of title, when the Secretary of State makes a determination that the vehicle by its size or design would create a dangerous and hazardous condition upon the highway, or that the vehicle is not manufactured or designed for general highway use and operation.
b) In making the determination set forth in 1010.230 (a), the Secretary of State, may consider, but not in limitation thereof, the following factors:
1) That such vehicle, by its size, design or otherwise, is in such unsafe condition as to endanger the person or property of other; or that such vehicle does not contain those parts or is not at all times equipped with such lamps and other equipment in proper condition and adjustment as required by (Ill. Rev. Stat. 1981, ch. 95½, pars. 12-100 et seq.)
2) That said vehicle by its size or design, without major additions, adjustments, or modifications thereto, does not have an operating capability, for general street and highway use.
3) That said vehicle was not designed, manufactured, marketed and sold by said manufacturer through retail vehicle dealers, for general street and highway use and operation.
4) That the minimum required wheelbase measurement for registration and titling of such vehicle be and is forty-four (44) inches between any two axles thereof; for the purpose of this Part said wheelbase shall be measured upon a straight line from center to center of the vehicle axles designated.
5) That the minimum inside wheel diameter, or "rim" measurement, for registration and titling of such vehicle be and is fifteen (15) inches across.
6) That the vehicle have the performance capability of generating, developing and maintaining adequate power and speed so as not to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic on public streets and highways.
7) Compliance by applicant with all laws, regulations and requirements relating to the issuance of Registration Plates and Certificates of Title.