Bill Status of SB1933 102nd General Assembly
Short Description: EDUC-SCH SECURITY GRANT PROG
Sen. Tim Bivins - Pamela J. Althoff, Sue Rezin and William E. Brady
|Session Sine Die
Statutes Amended In Order of Appearance
Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the State Finance Act and the School Code. Requires the State Board of Education to create the School Security Enhancement Matching Grant Program to award grants to school districts that apply to help pay for physical security enhancements in school buildings. Provides that the State Board shall award grants to school districts in the form of a matching grant, whereby the grant would cover 75% of the cost of the enhancements and school district funds would cover the remaining 25% of the cost of the enhancements. Creates the School Security Enhancement Matching Fund as a special fund in the State treasury, with all money in the Fund to be used by the State Board for the School Security Enhancement Matching Grant Program. Provides that, after other transfers have been made, on the first day of the month, the State Treasurer and State Comptroller shall transfer $4.2 million from the Capital Projects Fund to the School Security Enhancement Matching Fund.