Full Text of HB5465 102nd General Assembly
HB5465enr 102ND GENERAL ASSEMBLY
|HB5465 Enrolled||LRB102 25510 AMQ 34799 b|
AN ACT concerning regulation.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
This Act may be cited as the
Force on Internationally-Licensed Health Care Professionals
The Task Force on
Internationally-Licensed Health Care Professionals is created
within the Department of Financial and Professional
Regulation. The Task Force shall aim to:
(1) remove barriers to licensure and practice for
health care professionals licensed and practicing in other
countries to get licensed and practice in the State;
(2) address the health care workforce shortage in the
State by increasing the supply of culturally competent
physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals;
(3) protect the safety of patients and the broader
Membership; appointment; vacancy; meeting;
(a) The Task Force shall have the following members:
|HB5465 Enrolled||- 2 -||LRB102 25510 AMQ 34799 b|
(1) the Secretary of Financial and Professional
Regulation, or the Secretary's designee;
(2) the Director of the Division of Professional
Regulation, or the Director's designee;
(3) the Chief Medical Coordinator of the Division of
(4) the Nursing Coordinator of the Division of
(5) the Speaker of the House of Representatives, or
the Speaker's designee;
(6) the Minority Leader of the House of
Representatives, or the Leader's designee;
(7) the President of the Senate, or the President's
(8) the Minority Leader of the Senate, or the Leader's
(9) two representatives of an organization that seek
to eliminate employment barriers and advance the skills
for immigrant professionals appointed by the Secretary;
(10) a representative of an organization that recruits
immigrants and foreign students to work in health related
areas; focusing on raising the awareness of social,
political, and economic issues faced related to immigrant
health appointed by the Secretary; and
(11) a representative of an organization that seeks to
increase the number of internationally educated medical
|HB5465 Enrolled||- 3 -||LRB102 25510 AMQ 34799 b|
professionals for practice within diverse communities
appointed by the Secretary.
(b) If a vacancy occurs in the Task Force, the vacancy
shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment
for the remainder of the unexpired term.
(c) The Task Force shall meet once every 2 months,
indefinitely, until the Task Force votes to dissolve itself.
Nothing in this Section shall prohibit the Task Force from
meeting more often if it deems it necessary to do so.
(d) The Department shall provide administrative support to
the Task Force.
(e) The Task Force shall only meet once a majority of
members are appointed.
(f) The Secretary of Financial and Professional
Regulation, or the Secretary's designee, shall be the chair of
the Task Force.
Subject matter of the Task Force.
matter of the Task Force is intended to:
(1) address health care professionals, broadly defined
to include physicians and nurses, but also include other
professionals as the need arises;
(2) be focused on professionals who are already
licensed and practicing in another country and are seeking
licensure in the State; and
(3) not include students.
|HB5465 Enrolled||- 4 -||LRB102 25510 AMQ 34799 b|
(a) The Task Force shall prepare an annual report that
summarizes its work and makes recommendations resulting from
(b) The report shall address barriers to licensure and
practice for health care professionals in the State in
professions to be determined by the Task Force. The Task Force
shall address strategies for reducing barriers to licensure
and practice for internationally-licensed health care
(c) The Task Force shall submit the report of its findings
and recommendations to the Governor and the General Assembly.
(d) The Task Force shall submit the first report one year
after the first meeting of the Task Force.