|HB1346 Engrossed||- 2 -||LRB098 07975 RLC 38064 b|
(8) Coroner or forensic pathologist.
(9) Representative of a juvenile justice advocacy
(10) Representative of a local hospital, trauma
center, or provider of emergency medical services.
(11) Representative of the Department of State Police.
(12) Representative of the Office of the Governor's
Executive Inspector General.
(13) Representative of a bar association, law school,
or legal academic organization.
A mortality review team may make recommendations to the
Director concerning additional appointments.
(c) Each mortality review team member must have
demonstrated experience or an interest in welfare of youth in
(d) The mortality review teams shall be funded in the
Department's annual budget to provide for the travel expenses
of team members and professional services engaged by the team.
(e) If a death of a youth in the Department's custody
occurs while a prior youth death is under review by a team
pursuant to this Act, the Director may request that the team
review the subsequent death.
(f) Upon the conclusion of all reporting required under
Sections 20, 25, and 30 with respect to a death reviewed by a
team, all appointments to the team shall expire.
(Source: P.A. 96-1378, eff. 7-29-10.)