99TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
State of Illinois
2015 and 2016
Introduced 2/19/2016, by Sen. Daniel Biss
SYNOPSIS AS INTRODUCED:
105 ILCS 5/1A-2.1
from Ch. 122, par. 1A-2.1
Amends the School Code. Makes a technical change in a Section
State Board of Education.
A BILL FOR
|SB3101||LRB099 16893 EGJ 41240 b|
AN ACT concerning education.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The School Code is amended by changing Section
1A-2.1 as follows:
(105 ILCS 5/1A-2.1)
(from Ch. 122, par. 1A-2.1)
Governor may remove for
incompetence, neglect of duty, or malfeasance in office any
member of the State Board of Education. A vacancy also exists
on the State Board of
Education when one or more of the
following events occur:
1. A member dies.
2. A member files a written resignation with the Governor.
3. A member is adjudicated to be a person under legal
the Probate Act of 1975 or
a person subject to
under the Mental Health and
Developmental Disabilities Code.
4. A member ceases to be a resident of the region from
which he or she was appointed.
5. A member is convicted of an infamous crime or of any
involving a violation of his or her duties under this
6. A member fails to maintain the qualifications stated in