|SB3450 Engrossed||LRB098 19249 RPS 54401 b|
AN ACT concerning nursing home residents' rights.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
This Act may be cited as the
Nursing Home Residents' Managed Care Rights Act.
The General Assembly finds that
elderly Illinoisans residing in nursing homes have the right
(1) Quality health care regardless of the payer.
(2) Care prescribed by their doctor.
(3) A simple appeals process when care is denied.
(4) Make decisions about their care.
(5) Continue to live in the care center they call home.
This Act takes effect upon