|SB2459 Engrossed||LRB100 17368 AWJ 32533 b|
AN ACT concerning local government.
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
represented in the General Assembly:
The Illinois Drainage Code is amended by adding
Section 10-7.2 as follows:
(70 ILCS 605/10-7.2 new)
Seavey Drainage District; dissolution.
addition to the other methods of dissolution provided in this
Article, the Lake County Board may dissolve the Seavey Drainage
District by adopting a resolution that states:
(1) that the district has not imposed a levy for at
least 10 years;
(2) that there are no outstanding debts of the district
that have been filed with the county clerk of Lake County;
(3) that federal or State permits or grants will not be
impaired by dissolution of the district;
(4) that the precise physical boundaries of the
district have become indeterminate due to the passage of
(5) the date of dissolution of the district.
On the date of dissolution of the district, all drains,
levees, and other works constituting the drainage system of the
district and the rights-of-way, if any, on which the same are