(35 ILCS 40/30)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2025)
Certificates of receipt.
(a) No scholarship granting organization shall issue a certificate of receipt for any qualified contribution made by a taxpayer under this Act unless that scholarship granting organization has been approved to issue certificates of receipt pursuant to Section 15 of this Act.
(b) No scholarship granting organization shall issue a certificate of receipt for a contribution made by a taxpayer unless the taxpayer has been issued a credit authorization certificate by the Department.
(c) If a taxpayer makes a contribution to a scholarship granting organization prior to the date by which the authorized contribution shall be made, the scholarship granting organization shall, within 30 days of receipt of the authorized contribution, issue to the taxpayer a written certificate of receipt.
(d) If a taxpayer fails to make all or a portion of a contribution prior to the date by which such authorized contribution is required to be made, the taxpayer shall not be entitled to a certificate of receipt for that portion of the authorized contribution not made.
(e) Each certificate of receipt shall state:
(1) the name and address of the issuing scholarship
(2) the taxpayer's name and address;
(3) the date for each qualified contribution;
(4) the amount of each qualified contribution;
(5) the total qualified contribution amount; and
(6) any other information that the Department may
(f) Upon the issuance of a certificate of receipt, the issuing scholarship granting organization shall, within 10 days after issuing the certificate of receipt, provide the Department with notification of the issuance of such certificate in the form and manner prescribed by the Department, provided that such notification shall include:
(1) the taxpayer's name and address;
(2) the date of the issuance of a certificate of
(3) the qualified contribution date or dates and the
amounts contributed on such dates;
(4) the total qualified contribution listed on such
(5) the issuing scholarship granting organization's
(6) any other information the Department may deem
(g) Any portion of a contribution that a taxpayer fails to make by the date indicated on the authorized contribution certificate shall no longer be deducted from the cap prescribed in Section 10 of this Act.
(Source: P.A. 100-465, eff. 8-31-17