(50 ILCS 748/10)
    Sec. 10. Employer's violation; civil action. An employee who is terminated in violation of this Act may bring a civil action against his or her employer who violated this Act. The employee may seek reinstatement to his or her former position, payment of back wages, reinstatement of fringe benefits, and, where seniority rights are granted, reinstatement of seniority rights. The employee must commence such an action within one year after the date of the employer's violation.
(Source: P.A. 93-1027, eff. 8-25-04.)