(65 ILCS 5/11-119.2-3)
(from Ch. 24, par. 11-119.2-3)
The following terms whenever used or referred to in
this Division, shall have the following meanings unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Agency agreement" means the written agreement between 2 or more municipalities
establishing a municipal natural gas agency.
(2) "Bonds" means revenue bonds, notes and other evidences of obligations
of a municipal natural gas agency issued under the provisions of this Division.
(3) "Eligible utility" means a public agency or other entity of any type,
which owns, operates or controls any plant or equipment for the exploration,
production, acquisition, storage, transmission or distribution
of natural gas in connection
with the furnishing thereof for sale or resale.
(4) "Governing body" means, with respect to a municipality, the council,
city council, board of trustees, or other corporate authority of the municipality
which exercises the general governmental powers of such municipality.
(5) "Municipal natural gas agency" means a body politic and corporate, municipal
corporation and unit of local government of the State of Illinois organized
in accordance with the provisions of this Division.
(6) "Municipality" means a city, village or incorporated town in the State
of Illinois, or any other state in the United States, owning or operating a natural gas plant or system which
furnishes natural gas service to the public.
(7) "Project" means any plant, works, system, facility, and real and personal
property of any nature whatsoever, together with all parts thereof and appurtenances
thereto, used or useful in the storage, acquisition, exploration,
production, distribution, transmission,
purchase, sale, exchange or interchange of natural gas and in the
acquisition, extraction, conversion, transportation, storage
or reprocessing of fuel of any kind for any such purposes, or any interest
in, or right to the use, services, output or capacity, of any such plant,
works, system or facilities.
(8) "Public agency" means any municipality, political subdivision, municipal
corporation, unit of local government, governmental unit, or public corporation
operated by or pursuant to the laws of the State of Illinois, of another
state or of the United States, and any state, the United States, and any
commission, board, bureau or other body declared by the laws of any state
or the United States to be a department, agency, or instrumentality thereof.
(9) "Natural gas" means any gaseous heating fuel which is naturally or
(Source: P.A. 94-731, eff. 4-19-06.)