(65 ILCS 5/11-128-2) (from Ch. 24, par. 11-128-2)
    Sec. 11-128-2. Whenever any specified municipality desires to avail itself of the provisions of this Division 128, the corporate authorities by ordinance or resolution may contract for the purchase, construction, or enlargement of waterworks for a provisionally certain fixed sum. The contract for purchase, construction, or enlargement, together with a report from the municipal engineer recommending the same, shall be published at least once a week for 3 consecutive weeks in a newspaper with a general circulation in the municipality. The corporate authorities shall also provide in the specified ordinance or resolution for the levying of a direct annual tax as authorized in Section 11-128-1. The total of this tax for the term levied, together with the annual revenue which is estimated to be derived from the waterworks, shall be sufficient to pay the contract price for the waterworks, together with interest thereon. However, the contract for the purchase, construction, or enlargement, and this tax, shall not be valid or binding until confirmed by a vote as provided by Section 11-128-3.
(Source: Laws 1961, p. 576.)