(65 ILCS 5/11-4-8) (from Ch. 24, par. 11-4-8)
    Sec. 11-4-8. The county board and the board of trustees of any village or incorporated town, in any county in this state, in which a house of correction is established, may enter into an agreement with the corporate authorities of such city, or with any authorized agent or officer in behalf of such city, to receive and keep in the house of correction any person or persons who may be sentenced or committed thereto, by any court, in any of such counties. Whenever such agreement is made, the county board for any county in behalf of which such agreement is made, or of the trustees of the village or incorporated town, in behalf of which, such agreement is made, as the case may be, shall give public notice thereof in some newspaper printed and published within the county for a period not less than 4 weeks. Such notice shall state the period of time for which such agreement will remain in force.
(Source: P.A. 77-1295.)