(65 ILCS 5/11-4-9) (from Ch. 24, par. 11-4-9)
    Sec. 11-4-9. In counties, incorporated towns and villages having such agreement with any such city, the circuit court for such county, incorporated town or village, by whom any person, for any crime or misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail, shall be convicted, shall commit such person to the house of correction in lieu of committing him to the county jail, village or incorporated town calaboose, there to be received and kept in the manner prescribed by law and the discipline in the house of correction. Such court, by warrant of commitment duly issued, shall cause such persons so sentenced to be forthwith conveyed by some proper officer to the house of correction.
(Source: Laws 1965, p. 292.)