(65 ILCS 5/8-8-2)
(from Ch. 24, par. 8-8-2)
The following terms shall, unless the context otherwise indicates,
have the following meanings:
(1) "Municipality" or "municipalities" means all cities, villages
and incorporated towns having a population of less than 500,000 as
determined by the last preceding Federal census.
(2) "Corporate authorities" means a city council, village board of
trustees, library board, police and firemen's pension board, or any
other body or officers having authority to levy taxes, make
appropriations, or approve claims for any municipality.
(3) "Comptroller" means the Comptroller of the State of Illinois.
(5) "Audit report" means the written report of the auditor or auditors and all appended statements and schedules relating thereto,
presenting or recording the findings of an examination or audit of the
financial transactions, affairs, or condition of a municipality.
(6) "Annual report" means the statement filed, in lieu of an audit
report, by the municipalities of less than 800 population, which do not
own or operate public utilities and do not have bonded debt.
(7) "Supplemental report" means the annual statement filed, in
addition to any audit report provided for herein, by all municipalities,
except municipalities of less than 800 population which do not own or
operate public utilities and do not have bonded debt.
(8) "Auditor" means a licensed certified public accountant, as that term is defined in Section 0.03 of the Illinois Public Accounting Act, or the substantial equivalent of a licensed CPA, as provided under Section 5.2 of the Illinois Public Accounting Act, who performs an audit of municipal financial statements and records and expresses an assurance or disclaims an opinion on the audited financial statements.
(9) "Generally accepted accounting principles" means accounting principles generally accepted in the United States.
(10) "Generally accepted auditing standards" means auditing standards generally accepted in the United States.
(Source: P.A. 100-837, eff. 8-13-18; 101-419, eff. 1-1-20