(65 ILCS 5/9-2-94) (from Ch. 24, par. 9-2-94)
    Sec. 9-2-94. In counties having a population of 500,000 or more, the city comptroller or other officer designated and authorized by the corporate authorities of any municipality which levies any special assessment has the power to collect the amounts due on tracts or lots which have been forfeited or withdrawn from sale, and the interest and penalties due thereon, based upon an estimate of the cost of redemption computed by the county clerk and at a rate to be fixed by the corporate authorities as to the interest and penalties thereon, and he shall issue a receipt therefor. However, the corporate authorities may authorize the municipal officer to waive the penalties for the first year in excess of 7%. The person receiving this receipt shall file it with the county clerk.
    Upon the presentation of such a receipt, the county clerk shall issue to the person a certificate of cancellation setting forth a description of the property, the special assessment warrant, and installment, and the amount received by the municipal officer, and this certificate of cancellation shall be evidence of the redemption of the property therein described. The form of such a certificate of redemption for filing with the county clerk shall be substantially as follows: Receipt of Deposit for Redemption.
Volume .... Page ....
State of IllinoisOffice of (give title of
County of Cookmunicipal office)
    I, (here give name, title of municipal officer), of the (give name of city, village, or incorporated town), do hereby certify that on (insert date), .... deposited in this office .... Dollars for the redemption of .... (describe property) .... which .... withdrawn or forfeited by the collector of this county on (insert date) for the nonpayment of .... installment of special assessment warrant.
    You are hereby authorized and ordered to cancel from the records and files in your office that withdrawal or forfeiture, and issue your certificate of redemption and cancellation.
(insert date).
(insert name of city, village, or incorporated town).
By .... (proper officer).
(Source: P.A. 91-357, eff. 7-29-99.)