(225 ILCS 2/70)
    (Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2028)
    Sec. 70. Renewal or restoration of license; continuing education; military service. The expiration date and renewal period for each license issued under this Act shall be set by rule. The holder of a license may renew that license during the month preceding its expiration date by paying the required fee.
    In order to renew or restore a license, applicants shall provide proof of having met the requirements of continuing education set forth in the rules of the Department. Continuing education sponsors approved by the Department may not use an individual to engage in clinical demonstration, unless that individual is actively licensed under this Act or licensed by another state or country as set forth in Section 20.1 of this Act.
    A person who has permitted his or her license to expire or who has had his or her license on inactive status may have the license restored by submitting an application to the Department, by meeting continuing education requirements, and by filing proof acceptable to the Department of fitness to have the license restored, which may include sworn evidence certifying to active practice in another jurisdiction satisfactory to the Department and by paying the required restoration fee. If the person has not maintained an active practice in another jurisdiction satisfactory to the Department, the Department shall determine his or her fitness to resume active status and may require successful completion of a practical examination.
    Any acupuncturist whose license expired while he or she was (1) in federal service on active duty with the Armed Forces of the United States or the State Militia called into service or training or (2) in training or education under the supervision of the United States preliminary to induction into the military service, however, may have his or her license restored without paying any lapsed renewal fees if within 2 years after honorable termination of service, training, or education, he or she furnishes the Department with satisfactory evidence that he or she has been so engaged and that his or her service, training, or education has been terminated.
(Source: P.A. 100-375, eff. 8-25-17.)