(225 ILCS 25/19) (from Ch. 111, par. 2319)
    (Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2026)
    Sec. 19. Licensing applicants from other states. Any person who has been lawfully licensed to practice dentistry, including the practice of a licensed dental specialty, or dental hygiene in another state or territory or as a member of the military service which has and maintains a standard for the practice of dentistry, a dental specialty, or dental hygiene at least equal to that now maintained in this State, or if the requirements for licensure in such state or territory in which the applicant was licensed were, at the date of his or her licensure, substantially equivalent to the requirements then in force in this State, and who has been lawfully engaged in the practice of dentistry or dental hygiene for at least 2 years immediately preceding the filing of his or her application to practice in this State and who shall deposit with the Department a duly attested certificate from the Board of the state or territory in which he or she is licensed, certifying to the fact of his or her licensing and of his or her being a person of good moral character may, upon payment of the required fee, be granted a license to practice dentistry, a dental specialty, or dental hygiene in this State, as the case may be.
    For the purposes of this Section, "substantially equivalent" means that the applicant has presented evidence of completion and graduation from an American Dental Association accredited dental college or school in the United States or Canada, presented evidence that the applicant has passed both parts of the National Board Dental Examination, and successfully completed an examination conducted by a regional testing service.
    Applicants have 3 years from the date of application to complete the application process. If the process has not been completed in 3 years, the application shall be denied, the fee forfeited and the applicant must reapply and meet the requirements in effect at the time of reapplication.
(Source: P.A. 103-425, eff. 1-1-24.)