(235 ILCS 5/6-22.5)
(a) For purposes of this Section, "infusion" means a spirit where ingredients, including, but not limited to, fruits, spices, or nuts, are added to naturally infuse flavor into the spirit.
(b) A retail licensee that is preparing an infusion for consumption on the premises shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) the infusion shall be mixed and stored on the
premises of the licensee;
(2) the container that the infusion is stored in must
have a lid and be in sanitary condition;
(3) the infusion shall not be aged for more than 14
(4) the infusion must be used or destroyed within 21
days after the end of the aging process;
(5) cleaning records for the container that the
infusion is stored in must be available for inspection by agents of the State Commission; and
(6) the container that the infusion is stored in must
have a label affixed to the container that provides the production date of the infusion, the base spirit of the infusion, the date the infusion will finish the aging process, and the date by which the infusion must be destroyed.
(Source: P.A. 99-46, eff. 7-15-15.)