(410 ILCS 210/5) (from Ch. 111, par. 4505)
    Sec. 5. Counseling; informing parent or guardian. Any physician licensed to practice medicine in all its branches, advanced practice registered nurse, or physician assistant, who provides diagnosis or treatment or any licensed clinical psychologist or professionally trained social worker with a master's degree or any qualified person employed (i) by an organization licensed or funded by the Department of Human Services, (ii) by units of local government, or (iii) by agencies or organizations operating drug abuse programs funded or licensed by the Federal Government or the State of Illinois or any qualified person employed by or associated with any public or private alcoholism or drug abuse program licensed by the State of Illinois who provides counseling to a minor patient who has come into contact with any sexually transmitted disease referred to in Section 4 of this Act may, but shall not be obligated to, inform the parent, parents, or guardian of the minor as to the treatment given or needed. Any person described in this Section who provides counseling to a minor who abuses drugs or alcohol or has a family member who abuses drugs or alcohol shall not inform the parent, parents, guardian, or other responsible adult of the minor's condition or treatment without the minor's consent unless that action is, in the person's judgment, necessary to protect the safety of the minor, a family member, or another individual.
    Any such person shall, upon the minor's consent, make reasonable efforts to involve the family of the minor in his or her treatment, if the person furnishing the treatment believes that the involvement of the family will not be detrimental to the progress and care of the minor. Reasonable effort shall be extended to assist the minor in accepting the involvement of his or her family in the care and treatment being given.
(Source: P.A. 100-378, eff. 1-1-18; 100-513, eff. 1-1-18; 100-863, eff. 8-14-18.)