(625 ILCS 5/11-907.2)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2024)
Move Over Early Warning Task Force.
(a) The Move Over Early Warning Task Force is created to study the issue of violations of Sections 11-907, 11-907.5, and 11-908 with attention to the causes of violations and ways to protect law enforcement and emergency responders.
(b) The Move Over Early Warning Task Force shall study new technologies and early warning systems in cellular phones and vehicles that alert the public to the presence of first responders and road safety hazards.
(c) The membership of the Task Force shall consist of the following members:
(1) the Director of State Police or his or her
designee, who shall serve as chair;
(2) the Secretary of State or his or her designee;
(3) the Secretary of Transportation or his or her
(4) the Illinois Commerce Commission Chair or his or
(5) the Statewide 911 Administrator;
(6) the Director of the Illinois Toll Highway
Authority or his or her designee;
(7) the President of the Illinois Association of
Chiefs of Police or his or her designee;
(8) the President of the Illinois Sheriffs'
Association or his or her designee;
(9) the President of the Associated Fire Fighters of
Illinois or his or her designee;
(10) the following persons appointed by the Governor:
(A) one representative of a statewide trucking
(B) one representative of a Chicago area motor
(C) one incumbent local exchange carrier; and
(D) two representatives from a large wireless
(d) The members of the Task Force shall serve without compensation and may meet remotely via telephone or live video conference platforms.
(e) The Task Force shall meet and present its report and recommendations, including legislative recommendations, if any, on how to better enforce the provisions described in subsection (a) and use 21st-century driver communication technology to prevent fatalities and injuries on Illinois roadways, to the General Assembly no later than January 1, 2023.
(f) The Illinois State Police shall provide administrative support to the Task Force as needed.
(g) This Section is repealed on January 1, 2024.
(Source: P.A. 102-336, eff. 1-1-22