(750 ILCS 5/221)
    Sec. 221. Name change on marriage certificate. For a person married in any county in this State, the county clerk shall issue a new marriage certificate when it receives legal documentation indicating that one of the parties listed on the certificate has legally changed names. An order for name change issued pursuant to Section 21-101 of the Code of Civil Procedure shall be the only legal documentation that a county clerk may require. The new marriage certificate shall reflect the legal name change and shall bear no additional markings.
(Source: P.A. 102-169, eff. 7-27-21; 102-813, eff. 5-13-22.)