Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(20 ILCS 1605/7.2)
(from Ch. 120, par. 1157.2)
The rules and regulations of the Department may include, but
shall not be limited to, the following:
(1) The types of lotteries to be conducted;
(2) The price, or prices, of tickets or shares in the
(3) The numbers and sizes of the prizes on the
winning tickets or shares;
(4) The manner of selecting the winning tickets or
(5) The manner of payment of prizes to the holders of
winning tickets or shares;
(6) The frequency of the drawing or selections of
winning tickets or shares, without limitation;
(7) Without limit to number, the type or types of
locations at which tickets or shares may be sold;
(8) The method to be used in selling tickets or
(9) The manner and amount of compensation, if any, to
be paid licensed sales agents necessary to provide for the adequate availability of tickets or shares to prospective buyers and for the convenience of the public;
(10) The apportionment of the total revenues accruing
from the sale of lottery tickets or shares and from all other sources among (i) the payment of prizes to the holders of winning tickets or shares, (ii) the payment of costs incurred in the operation and administration of the lottery, including the expenses of the Department and the costs resulting from any contract or contracts entered into for promotional, advertising or operational services or for the purchase or lease of lottery equipment and materials, and (iii) for monthly transfers to the Common School Fund. The net revenues accruing from the sale of lottery tickets shall be determined by deducting from total revenues the payments required by paragraphs (i) and (ii) of this subsection.
(11) Such other matters necessary or desirable for
the efficient and economical operation and administration of the lottery and for the convenience of the purchasers of tickets or shares and the holders of winning tickets or shares.
(Source: P.A. 99-933, eff. 1-27-17.)