Illinois General Assembly

  Bills & Resolutions  
  Compiled Statutes  
  Public Acts  
  Legislative Reports  
  IL Constitution  
  Legislative Guide  
  Legislative Glossary  

 Search By Number
 (example: HB0001)
Search Tips

Search By Keyword

Illinois Compiled Statutes

 ILCS Listing   Public Acts  Search   Guide   Disclaimer

Information maintained by the Legislative Reference Bureau
Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process. Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public Acts soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the Guide.

Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes, statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect. If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes made to the current law.

55 ILCS 5/3-3009

    (55 ILCS 5/3-3009) (from Ch. 34, par. 3-3009)
    Sec. 3-3009. Deputy coroner's, sheriff's or police officer's performance of coroner's duties. If there is no coroner, or it shall appear in like manner that he or she is also a party to or interested in the suit, or of kin, or partial to or prejudiced against either party, or the coroner has an economic or personal interest that conflicts with his or her official duties as coroner, the coroner shall disqualify himself or herself from acting at an investigation or inquest and process shall in like manner issue to the deputy coroner if designated by the coroner to fill the vacancy, or, if no designation is made, to any sheriff, sheriff's deputy or police officer, in the county, who shall perform like duties as required of the coroner. The designation shall be in writing and filed with the county clerk.
(Source: P.A. 98-812, eff. 8-1-14.)