Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(225 ILCS 230/1006)
(from Ch. 111, par. 7856)
Solid Waste Site Operators
shall be certified in accordance with the following:
(a) Solid Waste Site Operator certificates shall be issued to
those persons who in accordance with the provisions of this Section
demonstrate a practical working knowledge of the design, operation, and
maintenance of sanitary landfills in the following areas:
(1) unloading, spreading, and compacting of waste,
litter collection, and vector abatement;
(2) traffic control of vehicles delivering waste;
(3) application, maintenance, and inspection of cover
and cover requirements under Board rules and Agency permits;
(4) fire control, on-site personnel safety
requirements, and contingency plan implementation;
(5) leachate control operation, leachate management,
and landfill gas management;
(6) identification of classes of waste;
(7) causes for revocation or suspension of
(8) reporting and recordkeeping required by Board and
Agency regulations and Agency permits;
(9) financial assurance and groundwater monitoring
(10) development and implementation of contingency
plans, closure plans, post closure plans, and corrective action; and
(11) requirements for payment of fees.
(c) Special waste certificate endorsements shall be issued to those
persons who are certified as Solid Waste Site Operators in
accordance with the provisions of this Section, and who demonstrate a
practical working knowledge of the design, operation, and maintenance of
sanitary landfills relative to the acceptance and disposal of special wastes.
(Source: P.A. 102-1017, eff. 1-1-23