Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(225 ILCS 729/35)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2027)
Licensure qualifications and fees.
(a) Applicants for a license must submit to the Office all of the following:
(1) fees as established by the Office;
(2) evidence of current registration as an Illinois
corporation or other business entity and, when applicable, evidence of compliance with the Assumed Business Name Act; if the corporation or business entity does not have evidence of current registration, such as a Secretary of State issued Certificate of Good Standing, the Office has the authority to deny or revoke the license of such a corporation or business entity;
(3) evidence of financial responsibility in a minimum
amount of $1,000,000 through liability insurance, self-insurance, group insurance, group self-insurance, or risk retention groups that must include completed operations and environmental impairment; and
(4) evidence of compliance with the qualifications
and standards established by the Office.
(b) The contractor must possess a license
from the Office to perform the following
types of activity:
(1) installation of underground storage tanks;
(2) repair of USTs, which shall include retrofitting
and installation of cathodic protection systems;
(3) decommissioning of USTs including abandonment in
(4) relining of USTs;
(5) tank and piping tightness testing;
(6) testing of cathodic protection systems; and
(7) any other category established by the Office of
(Source: P.A. 102-20, eff. 1-1-22