Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(415 ILCS 60/12)
(from Ch. 5, par. 812)
No pesticide operator shall use any pesticides
without a pesticide operator license issued by the Director.
1. Application for an operator license shall be made in writing on
forms available from the Director. Each application shall contain information
regarding the nature of applicants pesticide use, his qualifications, and
such other facts as prescribed on the form. The application shall also
include the following:
A. The full name of applicant.
B. The address of the applicant.
C. The name of and license/certification number of
the pesticide applicator under whom the applicant will work.
2. The Director shall not issue a pesticide operator license until the
individual identified has demonstrated his competence and knowledge regarding
pesticide use in accordance with Section 9 of this Act.
3. The Director shall not issue an operator license to any person who
is unable to provide the name and license/certification number of an applicator
under whom the operator will work.
4. For the years preceding the year 2001, a licensed commercial operator working
for or under the supervision of a certified
licensed commercial pesticide applicator shall pay an annual fee of $25.
For the years 2001, 2002, and 2003, the annual fee for a commercial operator
license is $30. For the years 2004, 2005, and 2006, the annual fee for a
commercial operator license is $35. For the years 2007 through 2017, the
annual fee for a commercial operator license is $40. For the years 2018 and thereafter, the fee for a multi-year commercial operator license is $120.
The late application fee for an operator license shall be $20 in
addition to the normal license fee. A licensed operator shall be assessed a
fee of $10 for a duplicate license.
5. For the years 2011 through 2017, the commercial not-for-hire pesticide operator license fee shall be $15. For the years 2018 and thereafter, the fee for a multi-year commercial not-for-hire pesticide operator license is $45. The late application fee for a commercial not-for-hire operator license shall be $20 in addition to the normal license fee. A commercial not-for-hire operator shall be assessed a fee of $10 for a duplicate license.
(Source: P.A. 99-540, eff. 1-1-17; 100-115, eff. 8-15-17.)