Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(505 ILCS 110/4.2b)
(from Ch. 5, par. 404.2b)
Labeling for seed mixtures for lawn or turf purposes shall include:
(1) The word "Mixed" or "Mixture" shall be stated with the name of the mixture.
(2) The heading "Pure Seed" and "Germination" shall be used in the proper places.
(3) Commonly accepted name of kind or kind and variety of each
agricultural seed component in excess of 5% of the whole, and the
percentage by weight of pure seed in order of its predominance and in columnar form.
(4) Lot number or other lot identification.
(5) Percentage by weight of agricultural seed other than those required
to be named on the label.
(6) Percentage by weight of inert matter.
(7) Percentage by weight of all weed seeds.
(8) For each agricultural seed named under (3) above:
(a) Percentage of germination, exclusive of hard or
(b) Percentage of hard or dormant seed, if present;
(c) Calendar month and year the test was completed to
determine such percentages. Oldest test date shall be used.
(9) Name and address of the person who labeled that seed, or who sells,
offers or exposes that seed for sale within the State.
(10) For cool weather grasses and mixtures of cool weather grasses, a "sell by" date that is no more than 15 months, exclusive of the calendar month in which the test was completed, after the date of the applicable test required under this Act.
(Source: P.A. 96-394, eff. 8-13-09.)