Illinois General Assembly

  Bills & Resolutions  
  Compiled Statutes  
  Public Acts  
  Legislative Reports  
  IL Constitution  
  Legislative Guide  
  Legislative Glossary  

 Search By Number
 (example: HB0001)
Search Tips

Search By Keyword

Illinois Compiled Statutes

 ILCS Listing   Public Acts  Search   Guide   Disclaimer

Information maintained by the Legislative Reference Bureau
Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process. Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public Acts soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the Guide.

Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes, statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect. If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes made to the current law.

605 ILCS 5/6-309

    (605 ILCS 5/6-309) (from Ch. 121, par. 6-309)
    Sec. 6-309. The damages sustained by the owner or owners of land by reason of the laying out, widening, alteration or vacation of a township or district road, may be agreed upon by the owners of such lands, if competent to contract, and the highway commissioner or county superintendent, as the case may be. Such damages may also be released by such owners, and in such case the agreement or release shall be in writing, the same shall be filed and recorded with the copy of the order laying out, widening, altering or vacating such road in the office of the district clerk, and shall be a perpetual bar against such owners, their grantees and assigns for all further claims for such damages.
    In case the highway commissioner or the county superintendent, as the case may be, acting for the road district, is unable to agree with the owner or owners of the land necessary for the laying out, widening or alteration of such road on the compensation to be paid, the highway commissioner, or the county superintendent of highways, as the case may be, may in the name of the road district, enter condemnation proceedings to procure such land, in the same manner as near as may be, as provided for the exercise of the right of eminent domain under the Eminent Domain Act.
(Source: P.A. 94-1055, eff. 1-1-07.)