Illinois General Assembly

  Bills & Resolutions  
  Compiled Statutes  
  Public Acts  
  Legislative Reports  
  IL Constitution  
  Legislative Guide  
  Legislative Glossary  

 Search By Number
 (example: HB0001)
Search Tips

Search By Keyword

Illinois Compiled Statutes

 ILCS Listing   Public Acts  Search   Guide   Disclaimer

Information maintained by the Legislative Reference Bureau
Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process. Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public Acts soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the Guide.

Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes, statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect. If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes made to the current law.

750 ILCS 5/704

    (750 ILCS 5/704) (from Ch. 40, par. 704)
    Sec. 704. Public Aid Provisions.) Except as provided in Sections 709 through 712, if maintenance, child support or both, is awarded to persons who are recipients of aid under "The Illinois Public Aid Code", the court shall direct the husband or wife, as the case may be, to make the payments to (1) the Department of Healthcare and Family Services if the persons are recipients under Articles III, IV or V of the Code, or (2) the local governmental unit responsible for their support if they are recipients under Article VI or VII of the Code. The order shall permit the Department of Healthcare and Family Services or the local governmental unit, as the case may be, to direct that subsequent payments be made directly to the former spouse, the children, or both, or to some person or agency in their behalf, upon removal of the former spouse or children from the public aid rolls; and upon such direction and removal of the recipients from the public aid rolls, the Department or local governmental unit, as the case requires, shall give written notice of such action to the court.
(Source: P.A. 95-331, eff. 8-21-07.)